Brian C. Martinson sent me a link to a score or more of comment or news items; see Media Coverage: Fostering Integrity in Research. I won't be updating this post again.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine report, Fostering Integrity in Research, has gotten some press.
- ScienceInsider "U.S. report calls for research integrity board" by Jeffrey Mervis (Apr 11 2017 2:15 PM)*
- National Public Radio "Top Scientists Revamp Standards To Foster Integrity In Research" by Richard Harris (Apr 11 2017 4:21 PM ET)*
- MedPage Today “Scientific Research Needs Better Oversight, Report Says” by Joyce Frieden (Apr 11 2017)**
- Bloomberg “Preventing Research Abuse Will Require Systemic Changes” by Jeannie Baumann (Apr 12 2017)
- Healio "Report: ‘Deliberate steps’ required to preserve, foster integrity in scientific research" by Kristie L. Kahl (Apr 12 2017)**
- The Scientist “National Academies Issue Advice to Improve Research Practices” by Kerry Grens (Apr 12 2017)
- Xinhua News Agency “U.S. panel calls for new advisory board to strengthen research integrity” (Apr 12 2017)
- Science Editorial: "Research integrity revisited" by Marcia McNutt and Robert M. Nerem (Apr 14 2017)
- Science "U.S. report calls for research integrity board" by Jeffrey Mervis (Apr 14 2017)
- C&EN “Protecting Scientific Integrity Requires Effort by the Entire Research System, Report Says” by Celia Henry Arnaud (Apr 17 2017)**
- BioWorld “NAS highlights lack of reproducibility, seeks to strengthen integrity” by Nuala Moran (no date)**
* Thanks to Jason Borenstein.
** Thanks to Brian Martinson.